Hi!

My name is Peep, and I love to travel. Follow me on my adventures!

Saturday 30 August 2014

Budapest

After a long night's travelling, here I am in Budapest



I could not believe how hot it was! In Cesky Krumlov I was shivering in my rain slicker, yet here I'm basking in the sunshine!


I walked along the river for a while, before I worked up the courage to take the funicular to the top of Castle Hill

I visited the Fisherman's Bastion

Before moving on to the Royal Palace

I met a friendly lion

Who turned out to be not so friendly after all!

I made my way (rather quickly) back down the hill (no time to wait for the funicular!) and across Chain Bridge

At last I arrived in Heroes Square

I took a quick look around

Before moving on to the castle

I ducked under the portcullis, and made my way inside

This is by far the strangest castle I've ever seen

Nothing seems to match!

It's like several different castles, all sandwiched together


A brief tour around the lake

Before deciding to call it a day

No comments:

Post a Comment